Stone Brewing RuinTen IPA Returns June 16th
Stone Brewing Co RuinTen IPA makes it’s return Monday, June 16th, 2014.
Back in 2002, we first released our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, and in 2012 we celebrated its 10th anniversary with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is “A Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,” then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was “A Stage Dive Into a Mosh Pit of Hops.” Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it (particularly us) that there was no way we could relegate it to one-hit-wonder status.
- Hops bill: Columbus, Centennial, Citra
- Malt bill: Pale Malt, Crystal 15
- Packaging: 22oz bottles and draft
- Stats: 10.8% ABV / 110 IBUs
Available in: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT and WA
Tasting Notes via Mitch Steele:
- Appearance: Deep gold with an off-white creamy head of foam.
- Aroma: Intense, dank and fruity hop notes. Lemon oil-infused with nectarine, pineapple and tropical fruit, with hints of mint and spice.
- Taste: An abundance of tropical fruity hop flavors up-front and carrying throughout the palate. A pleasant maltiness balances the hops about mid palate. Finishes with a long, lingering, clean bitterness.
- Palate: Full-bodied but dry, with an alcohol fullness and sweetness. Very bitter!
- Overall: We brewed this beer using the same ingredients as in our classic Stone Ruination IPA, but bumped up the malt to achieve its elevated 10.8% abv. And, of course, we jacked up the hops as well, and not just in the boil! We also doubled the dry-hop amount, using a 50/50 blend of Centennial and Citra. The combination is, dare I say, magic.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no commentsAdd yours